ticker

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

update

well it's been a few days since i updated and i know you all are just waiting in suspense as to what is happening! haha. j/k. well i went to the drs today finnally i have put it off for almost a month, well i sorta wish i hadn't. as you may know i take an antideppressant and an "add" medicine. well i had a somewhat high blood pressure before i started taking the "add" meds, well one of the side effects of it is that it raises your blood pressure so that put me basically over the line so much that i have been told i need to take medicine for that to. i was very much against it i said i've lost 25 pounds already can't we just wait and see after i lose some more weight but he didn't want me to. he asked if my ankles were swollen and i said yes i am standing for 11 or so hours 5 days a week, well he felt my legs and yep i was swollen, he just barley touched them and was like yep. i just figured i was swollen cus of standing up, but that's apparently not the only reason, he told me that the medicine he was gonna give me was also a middle diuretic and would help me to lose the water weight and until he said that i was dead set not gonna take the meds but i laughed and told him he had me at "lose weight" so i need to go fill it up tommorow, but this is just a temporary thing, he wants to see me back in a month and check up on me and if all is going well he said that he wants to see me in the spring and if i am losing weight and my blood pressure is dropping then he'll take me off of it. i have to keep track of it about every 2 or3 days. so i'm gonna pick up a calendar. i am determined to do whatever it takes to lower my blood pressure i know that there are certain foods that can help with that. well me and my swollen legs are tired and going to bed.

2 comments:

Ladyterri said...

I am proud of you that you are taking responsibility for your health. We support you all the way!! Thanks for updating, I always look for my daily dose of blogging comedy :) You and your Aunt Angela should write books, you both are very funny writers.
Mum

Homeschoolin' hot-rodders said...

Thats awesome Mel! I LOL at "you had me at Loose weight" LOL The odd interpretation of "you had me at hello" LOL. I Hope this works for ya!!! Keep us posted!